The great thing about literature is that there is always something new to look forward to and read. Regardless of the publication date, there is always some book that will be new to you. As an avid reader, I have a list of these that I want to read, have bought and have not read yet because this is an ever expanding list. I am sure that a lot of you have the same problem. However, I have already decided which of these books are next. These are:
- As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
- Although I also want to read The Sound and the Fury, the plot of this book attracts me more.
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- Having seen a film adaptation of this novel when I was young, I was a little turned off this one. However, as an adult and fellow Latina I am intrigued.
- Sapphira and the Slave Girl by Willa Cather
- I recently discovered this book and thought it would be interesting to use on my graduate studies’ research.
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- This novel is the story about Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley, during their stay in Paris while he wrote his novel, The Sun Also Rises. An important American author, romance, and Paris, what’s not to like?
- The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
- Saw this book and it looks interesting. The title caught my attention in a store, since I have bought cookbooks that I have not used and I wondered if it’s about this. Also, the author is compared to Jane Austen so I’m curious.
What books are you planning to read next? Or has anybody read these?